Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hooray for color

I am IN LOVE with how well this turned out.  When we first started this project we were planning on glazing the dresser like this.  Well I don't know if it was because we sanded it so perfectly or what but when we put the glaze on it just looked dirty.  It looked like we didn't know how to clean our furniture.  Well Mike quickly wiped it off as fast as he could.  Luckily we ended up not having to sand it again to fix that mistake. 


After sanding it down Mike painted a couple of coats of white paint.  We thought it would look cool showing through when we distressed it.


Then we painted a few coats of the blue I picked out. (Flood Tide 5001-6A, Valspar)



After sanding and distressing we stained it, wiping off the stain immediately after. 


I love how the white shows through and how dark the stain was.


We also spray painted the handles rubbed bronze. (love that stuff!!)


Last we sprayed it with a lacquer, to finish it off.

BEFORE


AFTER

I love how it turned out, perfect!!  Now our beige blob of a bedroom has color.

2 comments:

  1. I love your dresser! It looks amazing! We are going to refinish ours soon, maybe you could give us a few pointers. How are you doing? Let's get together! It has been too long!
    I love you!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! You did a really good job refinishing it. I'll also need some pointers for the dresser we want to paint.
    Congrats on being featured on that blog, so cool!

    ReplyDelete