Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Apron

Meg's birthday is coming up later this month.  We always have a combined birthday party since my birthday is around the same time.  (poor meg I joined the family and now she has to share her birthday!)  Anyway one of the things she wanted was an apron.  I made an apron for my aunt for christmas that was fun but it wasn't quite what I wanted to make for Meg.  I have to tell you it took me awhile to come up with what I wanted.  In the end I had to design my own to make it work.  I love the fabric, I was lucky and had everything I needed lying around in my stash (this doesn't happen often, my stash is pretty lame!!)


(Yes that is me wearing HER present and yes I am holding my dinner)



A few people have asked if I used a pattern.  To be honest I just found a pattern I liked and changed it a little (okay actually quite a bit).  I added a ruffle and rounded the bottom.  I didn't follow the top part at all.  I saw an apron that had the top gathered with the strap threaded through.  I was originally going to attach the straps to the back like the original pattern but decided not to.  My husband said he thought it would be better if it was adjustable and I totally agree.  I hope that is clear as mud!

3 comments: