Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trust

Let me first tell you that I love my life.  I have a great husband who is AMAZING.  We are both blessed with jobs, we have wonderful family and friends.  Overall I have a great life.  Now let me tell you this, in my life some things have not turned out the way I thought they would.  By now Mike and I thought that we would have a kid or two, we would be in our dream jobs, and things would be going smoothly.  Obviously God had another plan for us.  Lately I have been struggling with stepping back and letting Him lead me.  It is hard to let go of these ideas that you have for your life and except what is reality.  Don't get me wrong I believe that my Heavenly Father won't lead me astray, I know this with all my heart.  I know that He has a plan for me.  It is just hard to let go of some of the things you want in the moment. 

I found a quote by President Thomas S. Monson, he said "The future is as bright as your faith."  If we have faith in God and work hard toward our goals, the future is bright.  I know that I will be blessed with the things I need and want as long as I have faith and trust in God. 

My brother is in Arizona on his mission.  It is neat to hear the stories he tells about conversion and these wonderful people who are putting their trust in God.  It is inspiring and helps me to do the same.

3 comments:

  1. I love you so much! You are such an inspiration to me. We would love to see you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys are the most amazing people. I know for sure you guys are being taken care of. I am lucky to have you as a sister in law!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica! You are amazing. You have always been a great example to me ever since we had seminary together.

    ReplyDelete