Friday, February 5, 2010

Temple Bag

Megan is going through the temple tomorrow!!! I am so excited for her. I know, that if you are ready, the Temple is a wonderful experience. So for her birthday I decided to make her a garment bag for her temple clothes. My mother-in-law gave me one before I went through and I love how convenient it is. It is easy to just throw everything in and go. I tried to copy mine as a pattern. I am so happy how it turned out.You can hang your dress on a hanger to keep it nice. I personally like this better than shoving my dress in a bag. It also has pockets on front so you can put your shoes and other necessities. I think my favorite part is that it folds up into a bag.

I really hope she likes it. It was fun to make, though. (by the way zippers are hard to put in!!)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the fabric! where did you find that? That's a cute bag too! What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should sell these! I would buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so well, I love it. It is such a good idea. The fabric is so cute, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, I have been thinking about this bag a lot. I really want one. Did you or Becky buy a pattern? If you did where? If she made it can you email it to me? I got a sewing machine for Christmas and want to make one. They are fabulous! email me!
    shauntel122@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete