Thursday, September 10, 2009

Live YOUR Beautiful Situation

Lately I have been having kind of a hard time. You know those times in your life where you feel like you are looking at your life from the outside. Like watching a movie. That is how I feel lately. I am just kind of here with no purpose in life. I love that I can pray for guidance and get answers. I was searching for something, anything to help me figure out what I need to be doing at this time in my life. I opened up the Ensign and started to read this article by President Uchtdorf. I came across this quote and loved it. I love the part where it says to not set goals beyond your capacity. I feel like I am continually setting myself up for failure. There are so many things I want to do and never enough time. I also like the part where it tells you to not compare yourself to others. This is another thing I am continually doing. It seems like everyone else is better than I am at things.

In my life I think I need to step back and realize that I am good at many things (they aren't always the things I want to be good at, but that is the way it is). Anyway I absolutely love this quote and put it up on my desk. It is inspiring.


LDS.org - Liahona Article - The Influence of Righteous Women: "May I invite you to rise to the great potential within you. But don’t reach beyond your capacity. Don’t set goals beyond your capacity to achieve. Don’t feel guilty or dwell on thoughts of failure. Don’t compare yourself with others. Do the best you can, and the Lord will provide the rest. Have faith and confidence in Him, and you will see miracles happen in your life and the lives of your loved ones. The virtue of your own life will be a light to those who sit in darkness, because you are a living witness of the fulness of the gospel (see D&C 45:28). Wherever you have been planted on this beautiful but often troubled earth of ours, you can be the one to “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees” (D&C 81:5)."


That next day after I found the article a friend in my ward who serves in the Young Women with me posted a saying on her blog/facebook. It was so perfectly worded, I also printed it out and put it up on my desk. (My desk is going to be covered!!!!) It makes me happy!! I intend on "living my beautiful situation" to the fullest.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly love you so much! Thank you for sharing that inspiring quote! I can't tell you how much I needed that!I have been feeling much like you have lately and that just totally changed my perspective. You are the best!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your fantastic quotes! I needed to read them (again). I wish somebody would invent a way to implant important quotes in my brain so I could recite them at will instead of succumbing to negative thoughts. Oh yeah - I guess that's called memorization. :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete