Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Moab

Over the Thanksgiving holiday Mike and I went with my family to Moab. We had a blast! For our Thanksgiving dinner we went out to eat. On Friday we went Hiking in Arches. Mike had never been there so it was fun to show him all of the neat sites. Saturday we biked on the slickrock trail. My mom looked up on the internet the difficulty, etc. They said it was for all skill levels and it wasn't that hard and you could take your kids. My butt is wasn't hard. That was the hardest bike ride I have ever been on in my life. There is no way I would take anyone under the age of 14. There were multiple times you would be a foot away from a cliff and the hills were way steep. Unfortunately I found out that I was the worst biker out of the group. I biffed it pretty hard at least 3 times. (the most out of anyone) Mike hurt his leg pretty bad. He was going down a steep hill and started going over the handlebars. I screamed, I though he was going to die. Luckily he stayed on but he has a pretty cool war wound on his thigh.
Gross huh!! Luckily we all made it out alive. It only took us 6 hours to go 11 miles. That shows how hard it was. Then on Sunday we went climbing in the Fiery Furnace in Arches. That was fun, you had to get a permit to even go in and watch an instructional video. You can go anywhere you want in there, except on the cryptobiotic soil. There were all of these small crevices you had to climb up or down to get where you wanted to go. I get a little claustrophobic so some of these places were hard.
All in all though we had a ton of fun. (even if we are incredible sore and bruised!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I really like Arches as well. Thanks again for coming over to visit and bringing the pie. You're the best and it's always fun to talk to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some extreme Thanksgiving! I'm glad Mike didn't die, I would miss him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a blog. This will be so fun to see what you're up to and see how your house is coming along. Last night was fun, we really enjoy hanging out with you. Good luck on the house! See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY HEY! I noticed that you had blog when I went onto Heathers blog! Welcome! We'll have to keep in touch more through this. Here is my Blogsite rhodesstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete