Friday, January 20, 2012

Resolution -1

I realize it has been forever since I posted anything personal on this blog (seriously I am lame!)  I know it is traditional to set New Years resolutions so of course one of mine is to be more on top of things and be more organized.

I am proud to say that this past Saturday Mike and I cleaned out our basement.  It was an all day project.  Our basement is unfinished and we don't usually use it for anything so if we have extra boxes or don't know where to put something it usually gets shoved in the black hole called the basement.  It is sad that we had a few boxes that we haven't even looked at in the three years we have lived in our house. 

Mike has decided to call Hoarders and tell them that I have a problem with keeping empty boxes.  As you can see in the picture we have a few of them. (yes most of them are broken down!)  If anyone needs boxes or knows someone who does let me know!




It was so fun to go through all of our old things, year books, old collections, pictures, journals.  I loved to sit and look through everything.  Mike was down to business and hurried through everything while I just wanted to reminisce. 


I am excited to have the basement clean and organized.  We bought a lot of tupperware to organize everything.  We are using our old dvd cabinets to organize a bunch of our books.  Since Mike made me such awesome cabinets for Christmas, it was nice to find another use for the old cabinets.


Our basement is partially framed so we organized everything into rows in one of the 'rooms'.  Mike is going to set up a little 'studio' in the main part of the basement, we really get a lot of light down there.

Well one resolution down, up next craft room!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! That is really impresive to be able to clean and organize in only one day. Forget your craft room - come help me with mine!

    ReplyDelete