Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quilting in Free Motion

I made a quilt almost 3 years ago for my niece Bethany. I just came across the pictures and thought I would share. I love the colors on the quilt. They are so girly and fun. Here is Bethany (Obviously older! Isn't she adorable)


Here is the quilt before it was quilted


The half circles around the edge were fun but took forever (especially all the buttons!)



Here it is all finished.  I machine quilted with my walking foot in the center.


Around the outside I quilted with my free motion foot.  If you haven"t ever free motion quilted, let me just assure you that it is HARD.  You have to be really good and keep your speed fast enough that it doesn't loose traction on the quilt but slow enough that you can keep track of what you are doing.


Needless to say this is the only time I have used my free motion foot.  I have a few projects I have been working on that could use this technique though.  We will see!


I even quilted Bethany's name on the border of the quilt.  I love this quilt and hope she is getting a lot of use out of it.

1 comment:

  1. This really is one of my all time favorite quilts. She does get use out of it still. I always take it when we are going out. :) THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete