Friday, March 4, 2011

Bunting Baby Quilt

I have tried to make quilts for a few of my good friends when they have had babies.  A little while ago, one of my really good friends had twins.  To be honest the thought of making two pieced quilts was a little overwhelming.  At that time my life was on overdrive and I had too much to do as it was. 

While searching for a fast and easy, yet cute pattern I came across this from A Pretty Cool Life.  I love the colors and how simple it is.


Since she had a boy and a girl, it was fun to change up the colors to make them gender specific.


I made my quilts a little different size then the pattern says.  They actually ended up being larger.  When I went to the fabric store to get the white material, I came across a great sale, so I ended up buying material that is meant for bed sheets.  This material is so wide.  When measuring the width of the quilt I was able to just cut all the way across.  The width of the material is the perfect amount for the front and back of the quilt.  I also used more bunting because my quilts were larger.


I wanted to add a little something to the quilt.  I loved the simplicity, but felt it needed a little boost.  I decided to add embroidered clouds as part of the quilting.

I wanted the baby girl quilt to be different from the baby boy quilt, so I decided to embroider pink clouds.  I love how they look with the pink fabric.


This quilt was so easy.  I am definitely going to make more if I ever need a quick project.


PS- For some great ideas head on over to my group blog


No comments:

Post a Comment