Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Don't even bring up the H word!!

I don't know about you but I am terrible at housework!! I am always behind.  I have tried a million different schedules to keep on top of it, including cleaning a room a day, and just cleaning whatever I see first.  Needless to say nothing has worked. 

One of my friends has an awesome blog, The Modern Hive.  I am always checking it to find out what great ideas she has come up with lately.  Somehow I missed THIS great post,  but luckily when I was talking to her about my dilemma she told me to check out this book called The Creation Plan.


It is this great book written in the 80's.  I haven't found the book yet but there is a great summary HERE.  Just a quick outline, it uses the creation of the world to help you outline your schedule for the week.  For example Tuesday is laundry, hence the day water was created.  There are certain things that you need to do everyday, then there are things that are assigned to Mondays, Tuesdays, etc.  Then there are chores that don't have to be done as frequently so they are assigned to the first week, second week, etc.  Here is how I wrote my schedule up.  For now I wrote it on a white board so I can change days around and find out what works for me.  I also added a spot at the bottom of the board for IDEAS and PROJECTS.  That way I can keep track of everything.  I might come up with a cuter version later. 







I have only been doing this schedule for about a week know, and am definitely in love with it.  I have had to modify it a little bit because I work full time.  The main thing I love about this system is it focuses on guilt free homemaking.  GUILT FREE what is that, right?  I also like how it gives you time to work on your own projects and have a little of me/creative time.  Everyone should check this out.  I might even end up buying the book! 
 Any ideas on a cute way to make a more permanent schedule?

3 comments:

  1. That is great! I am going to definatly try this one out. When I get into a house lets talk. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definately going to try this. I really need to get my house in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea! My house needs some seriouse organizing.

    ReplyDelete