Monday, July 19, 2010

Eclectic

Here is a very eclectic post of my thoughts for the day.

We just got back from CA, we had a blast, and enjoyed every minute.  It was so fun being with family.  I don't get to see my cousins as much as we used to and it was great to see them all again.  I got to see my cousin Margot's cute new baby Drew.  He is such a doll.  He is only like three weeks old.  Since Margot lives in Texas we rarely get to see her.  It is incredible to see the dynamic in the family change with such a cute addition.  He is the first grandkid for my aunt and uncle, it is fun to see them so excited.  Here is Hayden holding Drew.


In CA I read a lot.  I read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.  Incredibly good!! I haven't read a book that good in a long time.  I don't know what it is about a good book that totally affects my life and changes my point of view in the world.  This book really got me thinking about things.  It was such an enjoyable read.  Those of you that know me know that if I love a book, it will definitely be read again.  I love to reread books.  A good book is like a good movie that you have to watch again.  Reading is definitely one of my passions that has been pushed aside as I have grown older.  It is hard to find the time to just sit there and read, and when I do I feel guilty because there are so many other things that I feel I should be doing.  Well all I can say is I am so so so excited about the third book coming out on August 24.  Catching Fire totally leaves you hanging!!

Yesterday was my brother Aaron's farewell.  He is leaving on August 4th for the Phoenix, AZ mission.  I am so proud of him.  He did an amazing job on he talk.  We all know it was amazing to hear Aaron speak that much at once.  I don't think anyone has every heard Aaron say that much ever.  When Aaron was talking, it seemed that everyone was riveted to what he was saying.  He will definitely be a good missionary.  I am excited for Aaron to go on his mission, I know that he will be blessed, as well as our family for supporting him. I will miss him a lot though.  I am grateful to have him as a brother.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great trip! I loved the Hunger Games series and I am so excited you read it. It is a fabulous story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that Aaron is going on a mission. That's just crazy though, the last time I saw him he was a little kid. I have heard about those books and I know I'll have to read them sometime. I'm glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete